Satu Maaranen is Finnish, freelance fashion and print designer. She works for the Finnish fashion brand Marimekko as well as has her own brand and she was just nominated in the British Design Museum’s annual Designs of the Year Awards in Fashion category.
This spring prints are popular and not only simple prints but it’s very fashionable to mix prints as you can see that in many collections, from Marimekko to Saint Laurent.
Maaranen was interview by Forbes Magazine where she gave some advice how to use prints.
Keep these rules in mind when mixing prints:
use only one print with an otherwise solid outfit
-Scale is key:
if wearing two bold prints together pair a large print with a less dominant one.
-Stick to the same color family:
mix prints with similar color tones
-Don’t go overboard:
It’s all about what you feel comfortable in, but sometimes less is more.
Image: Satu Maaranen
And I saw this fashionable lady walking on the street’s of Milan…
Do you like to wear red all over?
If you do here a some shopping tips!
1. Coat from DSQUARED2 via Yoox
2. Blouse from Prabal Gurung via The Outnet
3. Bracelet from Venessa Arizaga via Shopbob
4. Pants from Acne Studios via The Outnet
5. Bag from Balenciaga via Net-A-Porter
6. Ballerinas from Miu Miu via Yoox
7. Sunglasses from J.Crew
8. Earrings from Style&Co via Macy’s